Alpha Centauri Players | Info][AlphaHQ][Official Forums]
Last Updated: 12/15/98[SMAC
Reference & Resources]Auto-Updated: 03/29/99
[FTP Download Demo 1.1][Download
2.0 patch: US | UK | German | French]
Info US only 3.0
Patch Download Page
Art of War:            
by Sun Tzu
11) The Constant Readiness
- Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of
the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots.
- We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring
Leaders until we are acquainted with their designs.
- To be ignored of any one of the following four or
five principles does not befit a warlike prince.
- When a warlike Leader attacks a powerful Faction,
his generalship shows itself in preventing the concentration of the enemy's forces. He
overawes his opponents, and their allies are prevented from joining against him.
- Hence he does not strive to ally himself with all
and sundry, nor does he foster the power of other Factions. He carries out his own secret
designs, keeping his antagonists in awe. Thus he is able to capture their bases and
overthrow their Factions.
- This is called ability to accomplish a thing by
- If the enemy leaves a door open, you must rush
- Forestall your opponent by seizing what he holds
dear, and subtly contrive to time his arrival on the ground.
- At first, then, exhibit the coyness of a maiden,
until the enemy gives you an opening; afterwards emulate the rapidity of a running hare,
and it will be too late for the enemy to oppose you.
Yes, now you can challenge CaptComal to a multiplayer game ...
just keep the map tiny or small and settings at NO CLOCK. Contact by ICQ using the number
published in the Reliable
Alpha Centauri Players site or EMail to CaptComal@hotmail.com
If you find any errors please report them to
they can be corrected. Thanks.
[Official Alpha Centauri Site]
Effect] from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri copyright 1998 Firaxis
Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. Remainder of this site is copyright ©1998 & 1999, Alpha Centauri Heaven. All rights reserved.