Alpha Centauri Players | Info][AlphaHQ][Official Forums]
Last Updated: 12/15/98[SMAC
Reference & Resources]Auto-Updated: 03/29/99
[FTP Download Demo 1.1][Download
2.0 patch: US | UK | German | French]
Info US only 3.0
Patch Download Page
Art of War:            
Art of War
by Sun Tzu
9) The Army on the Move
- Sun Tzu said: We come now to the question of
encamping the army, and observing signs of the enemy. Pass quickly over mountains, and
keep in the neighborhood of valleys.
- After crossing a river, you should get far away
- When an invading force crosses a river in its
onward march, do not advance to meet it in mid-stream. It will be best to let half the
army get across, and then deliver your attack.
- If you are anxious to fight, you should not go to
meet the invader near a river which he has to cross.
- When the enemy is close at hand and remains
quiet, he is relying on the natural strength of his position.
- When he keeps aloof and tries to provoke a
battle, he is anxious for the other side to advance.
- If his place of encampment is easy of access, he
is tendering a bait.
- Humble words and increased preparations are signs
that the enemy is about to advance. Violent language and driving forward as if to the
attack are signs that he will retreat.
- When the light chariots come out first and take
up a position on the wings, it is a sign that the enemy is forming for battle.
- Peace proposals unaccompanied by a sworn covenant
indicate a plot.
- When some are seen advancing and some retreating,
it is a lure.
- If the enemy sees an advantage to be gained and
makes no effort to secure it, the soldiers are exhausted.
- If the enemy's troops march up angrily and remain
facing ours for a long time without either joining battle or taking themselves off again,
the situation is one that demands great vigilance and circumspection.
- He who exercises no forethought but makes light
of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.
Yes, now you can challenge CaptComal to a multiplayer game ...
just keep the map tiny or small and settings at NO CLOCK. Contact by ICQ using the number
published in the Reliable
Alpha Centauri Players site or EMail to CaptComal@hotmail.com
If you find any errors please report them to
they can be corrected. Thanks.
[Official Alpha Centauri Site]
Effect] from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri copyright 1998 Firaxis
Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. Remainder of this site is copyright ©1998 & 1999, Alpha Centauri Heaven. All rights reserved.