Alpha Centauri Players | Info][AlphaHQ][Official Forums]
Last Updated: 03/29/99[SMAC
Reference & Resources]Auto-Updated: 03/29/99
[FTP Download Demo 1.1][Download
2.0 patch: US | UK | German | French]
Info US only 3.0
Patch Download Page
Art of War:            
by Sun Tzu
1) Laying Plans
- Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital
importance to the Faction.
- The Leader stands for the virtues of wisdom,
sincerity, benevolence, courage and strictness.
- Therefore, in your deliberations, when seeking to
determine the military conditions, let them be made the basis of a comparison, in this
- (1) Which of the two commanders is imbued with
the Moral law? (2) Which of the two Leaders has most ability? (3) With whom lie the
advantages derived from Heaven and Earth? (4) Which army is stronger? (5) On which side
are units more advanced?
- By means of these five considerations I can
forecast victory or defeat.
- The Leader that hearkens to my counsel and acts
upon it, will conquer: let such a one be retained in command! The Leader that hearkens not
to my counsel nor acts upon it, will suffer defeat:--let such a one be dismissed!
- All warfare is based on deception.
- Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable;
when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy
believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
- Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign
disorder, and crush him.
- If he is secure at all points, be prepared for
him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
- If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to
irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
- If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If
his forces are united, separate them.
- Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
you are not expected.
- These military devices, leading to victory, must
not be divulged beforehand.
- Now the Leader who wins a battle makes many
calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The Leader who loses a battle
makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few
calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this
point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.
Yes, now you can challenge CaptComal to a multiplayer game ...
just keep the map tiny or small and settings at NO CLOCK. Contact by ICQ using the number
published in the Reliable
Alpha Centauri Players site or EMail to CaptComal@hotmail.com
If you find any errors please report them to
they can be corrected. Thanks.
[Official Alpha Centauri Site]
Effect] from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri copyright 1998 Firaxis
Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. Remainder of this site is copyright ©1998 & 1999, Alpha Centauri Heaven. All rights reserved.