Alpha Centauri Players | Info][AlphaHQ][Official Forums]
Last Updated: 12/15/98[SMAC
Reference & Resources]Auto-Updated: 03/29/99
[FTP Download Demo 1.1][Download
2.0 patch: US | UK | German | French]
Info US only 3.0
Patch Download Page
Art of War:            
Art of War
by Sun Tzu
- If you set a fully equipped army in motion in
order to snatch an advantage, the chances are that you will be too late. On the other
hand, to detach a flying column for the purpose involves the sacrifice of its support.
- Thus, if you order your men to roll up their
buff-coats, and make forced moves without halting day or night, covering double the usual
distance at a stretch, doing a hundred squares in order to wrest an advantage, the leaders
of all your three divisions will fall into the hands of the enemy.
- The stronger men will be in front, the jaded ones
will fall behind, and on this plan only one-tenth of your army will reach its destination.
- If you march fifty squares in order to
outmaneuver the enemy, you will lose the leader of your first division, and only half your
force will reach the goal.
- If you march thirty squares with the same object,
two-thirds of your army will arrive.
- We cannot enter into alliances until we are
acquainted with the designs of our neighbors.
- In war, practice dissimulation, and you will
- Whether to concentrate or to divide your troops,
must be decided by circumstances.
- Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your
compactness that of the forest.
- Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night,
and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
- Ponder and deliberate before you make a move.
- He will conquer who has learnt the artifice of
deviation. Such is the art of maneuvering.
- To refrain from intercepting an enemy whose
banners are in perfect order, to refrain from attacking an army drawn up in calm and
confident array:--this is the art of studying circumstances.
- Do not pursue an enemy who simulates flight.
- Do not swallow bait offered by the enemy. Do not
interfere with an army that is returning home.
- Such is the art of warfare.
Yes, now you can challenge CaptComal to a multiplayer game ...
just keep the map tiny or small and settings at NO CLOCK. Contact by ICQ using the number
published in the Reliable
Alpha Centauri Players site or EMail to CaptComal@hotmail.com
If you find any errors please report them to
they can be corrected. Thanks.
[Official Alpha Centauri Site]
Effect] from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri copyright 1998 Firaxis
Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. Remainder of this site is copyright ©1998 & 1999, Alpha Centauri Heaven. All rights reserved.